Difference between revisions of "Wolf Nomads"
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 23:22, 5 April 2008
The Wolf Nomads, properly known as the Wegwiur, is a political state of the Flanaess. The name also applies to the tribes of nomadic horsemen who dwell within these lands.
The native folk of the Wolf Nomads are primarily Baklunish with a great deal of genetic mixture with the Rovers of the Barrens, to the east. As a result of these Flan characteristics, Wolf Nomads have slightly darker complexions than their Tiger Nomad cousins.
The Wolf Nomads revere the Baklunish deities Geshtai and Istus. From long-ago contact with the Oerids, they revere Telchur and the Black Wolf, their name for Kurell. Ancestor worship is prevalent among them as well.
In Rose Estes' novels, the Wolf Nomads revere a deity they call the Great She Wolf.
The Wolf Nomads' coat of arms is blazoned thus: Sable, three wolves courant in pale gules.
- Estes, Rose. Master Wolf. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1987.
- -----. The Price of Power. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1987.
- -----. The Demon Hand. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1988.
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1980.
- -----. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.