|Shargaas, the Night Lord, as depicted in Dragon #62 (1982).|
|Title(s)||The Night Lord, the Blade in the Darkness, the Stalker Below|
|Home Plane||Bleak Eternity of Gehenna|
|Portfolio||Darkness, thieves, stealth, night, undead|
|Domains||Chaos, Death, Evil, Mysticism, Pestilence, Trickery|
Shargaas is the orc deity of darkness, night, stealth, thieves, and the undead. His symbol is a skull on a red crescent moon.
Shargaas the Night Lord lives in the Night Below, a tremendous cavern system below Krangath, the deepest layer of Gehenna. It is said that his caves extend infinitely, and are darker than the blackest night. There no creature has sight but Shargaas himself and his orcish spirit servants.
Shargaas' priests wear red and black leather armor and leather caps. His sacred animal is the bat. His holy days are on the new moons. Stolen items are sacrificed to him monthly.
- Conforti, Steven, ed. Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities for Use in the Campaign, version 2.0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online:
- Grubb, Jeff. Manual of the Planes. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1987.
- Gygax, Gary. Unearthed Arcana. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1985.
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1996.
- Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1992.