|Otto, as depicted in Living Greyhawk Journal #0 (2000). Art by Sam Wood.|
|Homeland||Free City of Greyhawk (originally Almor)|
|Age||53 (as of 591 CY)|
|Class||Cleric 3 (Boccob)/Wizard 15|
Otto is a powerful human wizard and a member of the Circle of Eight.
Otto is a short, rotund man, with shoulder-length, curly hair, and a well-groomed mustache. He tends to dress in fine, expensive garb.
Otto befriended Nystul at the Sorcerous Union in Radigast City. He served as a henchman of Robilar for a time. He joined the Circle of Eight in 571 CY. He is also a good friend of Ravel Dasinder of Greyhawk and Riggby.
Originally a priest of Boccob, in Almor, Otto soon found he had an uncanny knack for wizardry, and became quite skilled in the arcane arts. At the secret prompting of Mordenkainen, Otto became a henchman of Robilar's, for a time.
Otto is known to be a lover of fine foods and music. He owns a manor house in Greyhawk City's Garden Quarter. Otto is a generous patron of the arts.
Otto is known to have authored, or co-authored, the following works:
- Aestrella (a magical aria of his composition)
- Arcane Manipulations of the Entourage
Otto is responsible for developing the commonly known spell Otto's Irresistible Dance. Many of the spells he has created are specialized by sound, sonic, or musical motifs.
Otto has also developed the following additional spells:
- Otto's Chime of Release
- Otto's Crystal Rhythms
- Otto's Drums of Despair
- Otto's Gong of Isolation
- Otto's Imperative Ambulation
- Otto's Silver Tongue
- Otto's Soothing Vibrations
- Otto's Sure-footed Shuffle
- Otto's Tin Soldiers
- Otto's Tonal Attack
- Otto's Tones of Forgetfulness
- Otto's Warding Tones
In Gary Gygax's original Greyhawk home game, Otto was a denizen of the second level beneath Castle Greyhawk. Robilar, Tenser, and Terik encountered him while adventuring there. Otto was subdued by Tenser, but decided to work for Robilar. He subsequently gained levels at a rapid rate and rarely strayed from Robilar's side. In the original campaign, Otto reached 18th level, as a single-class magic user of chaotic neutral alignment.
- Gygax, Gary. Players Handbook. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1978.
- Heard, Bruce. "Spells Between the Covers." Dragon #82. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1984.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Kuntz, Robert J., and Douglas J. Behringer. "Robilar Remembered: Lord Robilar and Company." Oerth Journal #7. Council of Greyhawk, 1997. Available online: 
- Mona, Erik, and Gary Holian. "Wheels within Wheels: Greyhawk's Circle of Eight." Living Greyhawk Journal #0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000. Available online: