|First Greyhawk work||White Plume Mountain (1979)|
Lawrence Schick is a game designer and writer associated with role-playing games, best-known as the author of White Plume Mountain in 1979, an adventure module for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, published by TSR in 1979.
White Plume Mountain was ranked the 9th greatest Dungeons & Dragons adventure of all time by Dungeon magazine in 2004. One judge, commenting on the ingenuity required to complete the adventure, described it as "the puzzle dungeon to end all puzzle dungeons."
Schick has written many other games during his career, such asStar frontiers, which he co-designed with David Cook. Schick attended Kent State University in Ohio, and is a former executive with America Online. He is also the author of Heroic Worlds: A History and Guide to Role-Playing Games.
In May 2009 Schick joined ZeniMax Online Studios as Lead Content Designer on The Elder Scrolls Online. In 2010 he was promoted to Lead Writer on the project, and in 2011 became Lead Loremaster.
- Cook, David, Allen Hammack, Harold Johnson, Tom Moldvay, Lawrence Schick, and Edward Carmien. Scourge of the Slave Lords. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1986.
- Cook, David, Allen Hammack, Harold Johnson, Tom Moldvay, Lawrence Schick, and Skip Williams. Against the Slave Lords. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2013.
- Schick, Lawrence. In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1981.
- -----. White Plume Mountain. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1979.
- Shick, Lawrence, Andy Collins, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, and James Wyatt. White Plume Mountain (Revised). Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online: