Flora and fauna
A royal grant cedes control of most of the Dreadwood to the elves, who inturn act as the crown's representatives in protecting the forest. The wood also serves as home to Reynard Yargrove who is the Great Druidess of the Sheldomar Valley and a servant of Obad-Hai.
Keoish royal garrisons are placed around and within the forest. The garrisons and elves constantly battle evil creatures in an effort to clear the forest of them, but these efforts have been in vain. In addition, forces from the Hold of the Sea Princes and monsters from the Hool Marshes use the Dreadwood as a type of highway to raid the kingdom's southern provinces. These groups are battled as well and this takes a considerable toll on the soldiers of the garrisons and the elves of the forest.
Features and settlements
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1980.
- -----. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Holian, Gary. "The Kingdom of Keoland." Living Greyhawk Journal #1. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000. Available online:
- -----. "Silent Sorcery: The Silent Ones of Keoland." Living Greyhawk Journal #4. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2001.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA. Wizards of the Coast, 2000.