|Dragotha the Undead Dragon, as depicted on the cover of Dungeon #134 (2006).|
|Homeland||Wormcrawl Fissure (formerly Nine Hells)|
Dragotha was formerly a powerful red dragon, the mightiest consort of Tiamat. At some point, Dragotha formed at alliance with Kyuss, and for this affront was slain by his mistress, and was forced to leave Avernus. Given undead life by Kyuss, Dragotha soon became the Wormgod's greatest servant.
Approximately -900 CY, Dragotha led an army of minions of Kyuss against the druidic Order of the Storm, until the Order stole Dragotha's phylactery and forced him to retreat. The phylactery was hidden away in the fortress of Kongen-Thulnir.
In 318 CY, the Company of Seven disturbed the lair of Dragotha while seeking out the lost citadel of Veralos. While taking shelter from the dracolich's servants, they managed to blunder into their goal.
Dragotha in Greyhawk literature
- Cordell, Bruce R. Dragotha's Lair. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999 and 2001. Available online:
- -----. Return to White Plume Mountain. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.
- Cordell, Bruce, Ari Marmell, and Robert J. Schwalb. Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2008.
- Holian, Gary. "Places of Mystery: Spinecastle and Veralos." Dragon #293/Living Greyhawk Journal #9. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2002.
- Reynolds, Sean K. "Encounter at Blackwall Keep." Dungeon #126. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2005.
- Vaughan, Greg A. "Kings of the Rift" Dungeon #133. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2006.