The Crystalmist Mountains are the highest of the mountain ranges in the Flanaess. They divide the Flanaess from the Baklunish West. The Hellfurnaces are the heavily volcanic southern portion of the same range.
Ecology and inhabitants
Natives of the Crystalmist Mountains include frost, hill, and mountain giants, goblins, ogres, orcs, trolls, bugbears, white dragons, mountain lions, woolly mammoths, woolly rhinoceroses, and giant wolverines. There is a crystalline hive entity known as the crystalmist. Mountain dwarves mine these mountains for precious metals and gems, trading them with humans on both sides of the range. There are also groups of proto-human Neanderthals scattered throughout the Crystalmists.
Features and settlements
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1980.
- -----. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Gygax, Gary and David C. Sutherland III. Additional material by David Cook and Jeff Grubb. Queen of the Spiders. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1986.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Reynolds, Sean K. Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.